We currently offer the opportunity to sponsor students who would not normally be able to attend Tekera Primary School and Vocational School. Learn more about these life changing programs and become a sponsor today!
Pupils are identified by the local Ugandan Sponsorship Committee. Criteria may include: poverty, familial conflict, illness, living circumstances, and family size. Sponsorship is on a per year basis based on academic achievement, attendance and behaviour. Children in the sponsorship program must work 10 hours per term on the community farm as part of the “work-to-earn” program. In turn, all sponsors are asked to continue funding until the student’s graduation in P7.
Primary School Scholarship
This amount covers all school fees and supplies for one full school year, Due December 15th before first term in February of the following year.
|Baby, Nursery, Tot||$35/child||$50 CAD|
|Primary School 1 2 3||$35/child||$50 CAD|
|Primary School 4||$45/child||$62 CAD|
|Primary School 5||$48/child||$68 CAD|
|Primary School 6||$57/child||$75 CAD|
|Primary School 7||$75/child||$100 CAD|
* Prices in yellow are in Canadian (CAD)
Primary students who will be staying at school and living in the dormitory will pay $192 US or $255.00 CAD for boarding, plus class fees.
Sponsors Will Receive
- A photograph of the sponsored student at the beginning of each year.
- A short report on his or her student, attitude, motivation, and grade reports.
- An essay/letter at the beginning of each school year written by the students outlining their goals for the upcoming year.
- A copy of the report card of their student(s) after each term.
- A tax receipt from TRC, a registered Ugandan NGO